Wednesday 28 May 2014

My best day by Kana T.

 In my junior high school days, I took part in the West Kanto Wind Instrument Music Band Contest. That day was the happiest day of my life. When I was a junior high school student, I belonged to the brass band. I really wanted to enter a culture club because I don’t like to exercise. My school had no culture clubs except the brass band, so I entered the club. The brass band had few members, so each of us had to make an effort. We practiced everyday as hard as we could. We played musical instruments not only on weekdays but also on weekends. Our club adviser scolded us day after day, but we kept practicing hard. When I was a third-year student, we could win the regional tournament of the brass band competition at last. After that, we participated in the prefectural tournament of the wind instrument competition. Then, we got the gold prize at the tournament. This was the first time that we won the prefectural tournament. We felt very happy and kept practicing harder. On September 15, 2009, the musical instrument tournament in West Kanto was held. Of all participating bands, our performance order was first. We were really nervous. Before we started to perform, the adviser smiled at us. We saw that and were able to relax while performing. At that time, the hearts of the people of the brass band were one. After our performance, the teacher praised us for the performance for the first time. Then we took pictures. Everyone smiled happily. In the evening, I came home and my mother bought me a cake. That is my favorite food, so I was very happy. We couldn’t get the gold prize at the competition, but I didn’t care. I felt my effort for three years was repaid. I was even thinking of leaving the brass band club because I was scolded many times, but nevertheless I kept practicing hard. It was very hard, but I could gain happiness. I can’t forget the delight of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! My name is Mami Kudo. I was impressed by read it. And I got the motivation from you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my students' posts are most welcome. Please be advised that comments on this blog are moderated. Any abusive comments will not be approved. Also, anonymous comments will never be approved.